- About Us
- Our Services
- Our Communities
- News and Events
- Ways to Give
March 19, 2020
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATES: PLEASE READ FULLY
Dear Engel Haus Families,
As we continue to see a rise in the cases of COVID-19 in our local communities we are continuing to stay in contact with The Minnesota Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control. Guidelines are changing frequently and we are working to take precautions. We are committed to putting all resident’s and staff’s safety as our top priority. In stating this the number one vital instruction we are receiving is to restrict all visitors from coming into the building to reduce potential for introduction of illness or potential virus. Covid-19 transmission is increased by the fact that individuals who have not yet displayed any symptoms are capable of spreading the disease. When you enter our building you essentially may be bringing in with you virus particles from any individual you have been in contact with in the last 14 days. For this reason we are asking that you refrain from visiting entirely. We understand this is incredibly difficult for both families and residents.
The following precautions are now implemented at Engel Haus:
- We need all residents to practice social distancing as much as possible at this time. Requirement is staying a distance of 6 feet away from other.
- The main dining room will be closed to communal dining. We will be delivering trays for all meals to resident rooms for IL and AL residents. For Memory Care residents with monitoring needs we will increase social distancing during meal times as much as possible.
- We will be cancelling internal group activities or practicing social distancing during smaller group activities. We are working to reassign staff to creatively encourage one to one engagement in other ways while continuing social distancing as much as possible.
- We are requesting all residents are to stay at Engel Haus and not leave unless for absolute necessity (IE urgent doctor appointments/Emergency that cannot be done via telemedicine.)
- No visitors that are not providing essential direct care (healthcare workers) or visiting in case end of life- if a resident is receiving care from an outside provider or family we are asking you to look into if these services can be met by Engel Haus staff temporarily or if social distancing can be used to provide care (Example: we are no longer allowing med set up in the building- it can be set up outside and delivered to Engel Haus without visitor entrance, or assessments to be done via teleconference).
- If you have been providing additional help to a resident on routine visits- please contact nursing to set up the services/care we may be unaware that family has been providing. We need to discuss assuming these cares for the safety of all residents.
- Podiatry, On-call clinicians, salon, doctor appointment and other rounding services will not coming in to Engel Haus at this time and will be rescheduled to later dates.
- If your loved one is at risk while eating alone nursing will develop alternative dining plans for monitoring or assistance.
- We are encouraging all residents to notify Jay-Jay or the front desk for assistance in ordering supplies if needed online or communicating needs to families to drop off supplies at the front desk. In some cases we may be able to
purchase some supplies to the building a charge cost to the resident statement for general supplies.
- We will be screening all assisted living and memory care resident’s temperature, respirations, and oxygen saturation twice daily and all resident’s temps upon any return from outside in the community.
I know all these steps will create a significant impact in our resident’s and families daily routines and we are working on ordering devices to help reduce social isolation by being able to use technology to connect residents with families soon. We will be able to set up appointments to help with communications using ZOOM. Please continue to send cards or gifts and to call your loved one frequently to help reduce isolation and make them feel connected.
Also a reminder to please immediately report to nursing staff if your loved one reports feeling feverish, coughing or cold symptoms. We will continue to encourage residents to use pendants as needed and practice good handwashing for at least 20 seconds. For continued information please check the Minnesota department of Health and Guardian Angels Website Coronavirus :
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this uncertain time. We are wishing prayers to all for safety and good health. Please contact 763-498-4594 for questions or contact me directly via email at email@example.com.
Mindy Smith, Administrator
therapeutic connection to nature. Our partners, Eldergrow, facilitate an evidence-based, therapeutic horticulture program which helps to help improve the quality of living for our residents. The mobile, indoor therapy garden gives residents new purpose, while the therapeutic sessions offer the following wellness benefits:
Improves motor skills
Reduces risk factors for dementia
Acts as an antidepressant
Eldergrow provides gardening with a purpose. Residents engage in meaningful ways: socially, physically, creatively, cognitively, and spiritually
Home to the famous Albertville Premium Outlet Mall, Albertville is located along Interstate 94, roughly equidistant between St. Cloud and the Twin Cities. Albertville’s motto is: “Small Town Living -. Big City Life.” Albertville has a population of roughly 7,200 people, and it’s growing quickly. Enjoy access to ample activities, health care resources, and — of course — shopping!
Looking for a bit of culture? Catch a play at St. Michael-Albertville high school, which features the largest performing arts center of any school in the state of Minnesota.
Mindy Smith Jay-Jay Chan
Administrator Housing Specialist
For tours and more information contact Jay-Jay at 763-498-4594
Engel Haus is a beautiful new building built in a Bavarian style that complements Albertville’s history and culture.
Engel Haus offers catered living - the opportunity to create a customized lifestyle and access to support services, assisted living, and specialized memory care services.
Engel Haus features:
Click here to view the Engel Haus floor plans.
View Engel Haus May- June 2020 Newsletter.
View Engel Haus Menu Week of July 5th-11th here.
View Engel Haus Independent and Assisted Living Activity July Calendar here.
View Engel Haus Memory Care Activity July Calendar here.
Your group facilitators, Jay-Jay Chan and Paula VanDusen have been professionally
trained and certified by the Alzheimer's Association.
Music is one of our favorite things!
We have a great time playing games at Engel Haus!
Having fun working on craft items!
Activities keep us young at heart!